2015 WORLD ARMWRESTLING LEAGUE RULES
1. Competitors can only weigh-in during posted times.
2. NO CLOTHING ALLOWANCE
Competitors have 60 seconds to report to the table when called or will forfeit that match.
Nothing shall be worn on the hand or wrist during competition, nor any substance applied to the hand or wrist, except chalk. Any violation can be grounds for disqualification.
THE SET GRIP
1. Competitors must keep one foot in contact with the floor at all times.
2. Competitors must keep non-pulling hand in contact with the peg.
3. Competitors must follow all commands of the referee during the set.
4. Competitors must set their competing elbow on the elbow pad, square their shoulders, and present an open hand.
5. The angle of the competing arm must result in the fingers pointing at their opponent.
6. The referee will center the hands on the table. The webbing between the thumb and index finger of the hand of each competitor will be level, close and tightly set.
7. The referee will hold the competitor’s fingers while he gives the command “Close your thumbs.”
8. The referee will command the competitors to “Close your hands”
9. Competitor’s must keep their wrist straight when closing their thumbs and hands.
10. The referee will give the command ”GO” to start the match.
SLIP – When the hands separate completely during the match
1. ALL slips will result in a restart in the STRAP.
A competitor receiving any 3 fouls will result in a LOSS OF A MATCH
All of the below result in a foul:
1. When closing your hand, you cover your opponent’s thumb knuckle.
2. After the command “Close your hands” and prior to “GO,” any movement of the hand/wrist/arm, including a False Start.
3. Touching any part of their body such as chin, shoulder or head to the competing hands.
4. The tip of elbow losing contact with the top of elbow pad at any time during the match.
5. If one foot is not in contact with the floor during the match.
6. If a competitor attempts to delay a match by not staying at the table.
7. Poor sportsmanship may result in a foul. If the conduct continues it can result in removal from the event and/or forfeit of any placements and awards.
8. Losing contact with the peg with non-competing hand.
9. Intentionally moving your opponent off center after “Close your Hands” – example: Back Pressure.
10. Competitors cannot drop the competing shoulder below the level of the elbow pad when in a
neutral or losing position.
11. A slip in a losing position will be deemed a FOUL.
The referee will enforce the above rules to ensure the most fair and sporting match.
Any simultaneous fouls by both competitors will result in Stop/Restart with NO fouls.
WARNINGS – THERE ARE NO WARNINGS. (i.e. for false starts or any of the above fouls)
1. Competitors must touch to the pin pad any portion of the wrist to fingertips of their
opponent for a win.
2. A parallel pin will occur when any portion of their opponent's wrist to fingertips breaks
the pin line
1. Best-out-of-three matches with up to a 60-second rest between pulls.
2. The competitors have 60 seconds to negotiate a grip, then the “Set grip” will be used.
RUNNING FOUL SYSTEM
IMPORTANT: NEVER STOP ARM WRESTLING UNTIL A REFEREE STOPS THE MATCH
1. Fouls will be announced during the match, but DO NOT STOP ARM WRESTLING.
2. If competitor “A” commits a foul then competitor “A” pins their opponent it will result in a stop/restart with the foul rolling over to the next pull.
3. If competitor “A” commits a foul then competitor “A” commits another foul, they continue to accumulate until 3 fouls/loss.
4. If competitor “A” commits a foul then competitor “B” commits a foul the match stops/restarts and only competitor “A’s” foul rolls to the next pull.
5. If competitor “A” commits a foul then competitor “B” pins their opponent it will result in a Win for “B.”
6. Once any foul is called, that competitor must correct the foul immediately or they will continue to accrue fouls.
7. All fouls reset to zero after each match.